Funny Backpacks For Medical Students
Posted on November 15 2021
It is not unusual nowadays to see medical students trekking across campus with overflowing backpacks. Crammed to the brim with books, laptop computers, chargers, lab work and much more, did you know that carrying a backpack that’s too heavy can result in complications down the road? As a general rule of thumb, the weight of a backpack and everything in it should not exceed 10% of a student’s body weight. In this article, we share with you some tips to follow when it comes to backpacks for medical students.
Factors That Contribute to Backpack Related Injuries
Backpack related injuries can be caused by a number of reasons. Below is a list:
- Weight of the backpack
- The type of backpack
- Length of time carrying it
- Weight distribution of items within the backpack
- Poor placement of items
- Inadequate support, such as carrying the backpack on one shoulder
- … and more!
Top Tips for Choosing A Backpack
When it comes to choosing a backpack that is right for you and will minimize your chances of injuries, follow these best practices below:
- Choose the right sized backpack – this should hang approximately two inches below your shoulder and rest just above the waist. Most backpacks today come with adjustable straps so make sure that the length is comfortable for you.
- Pack the heaviest items towards the back and bottom of the backpack. Consider bringing an empty water bottle to school and filling it up when you get there.
- Use the hip belt if there is one, to distribute some weight away from your shoulders and back.
- Carry your backpack properly on both shoulders.
- If your bag weighs more than 10% of your body weight, decide which items can stay behind or be left in a locker. If all the items are necessary, consider making the switch to a bag with wheels.
Never underestimate the importance of a good backpack. Carrying a backpack that’s too heavy or with unevenly distributed weight can result in long-term complications over time, such as scoliosis.
Get Funny Backpacks and Gifts for Medical Students from The Awkward Store
Are you a medical student looking for fun novelty items to suit your interests, or are you looking for gifts that medical students will appreciate? If so, you have come to the right place at The Awkward Store. We stock a wide range of novelty items that include a funny organ-themed backpack, apparel, drinkware, art prints, magnets, stickers, books and stationery and many more. If you already have a favorite backpack, how about personalizing it with badge reels or getting a lanyard to store your student ID in? These items will make a fun way of personalizing any medical student’s belongings and perking up their rooms or offices.
If you are interested in making a bulk purchase for your school or department, special prices can be negotiated. Please feel free to create an account with us and start shopping today.