25 Gifts To Give Someone Who Just Had A Surgery
Posted on August 30 2021
Humans have been giving gifts to each other since the beginning of time. There are many reasons for giving someone a present: birthdays, holidays, anniversaries, a job well done, congratulations… and more. One great reason to give someone a gift, however, is to help them feel better after surgery. But when it comes to gifts for surgery patients, what's appropriate? What's fun? What can take their minds off the pain they may be in or the stress they may be feeling?
One word: comedy.
We are going to explore a number of appropriate gifts for surgery patients. After that, we are going to introduce you to a fun way of putting a smile on someone's face – regardless of whether they’re recuperating from a major or minor surgery.
How to Tell Someone "Get Well Soon!”
To encourage someone to get well and put a smile on their face, the following gifts are considered appropriate, desirable, and popular:
- Help with household chores
- High-quality headphones or Bluetooth speaker
- Bright, new room decorations (throw pillows, blankets, statues, paintings, etc.)
- A gift card that won't just get thrown in a drawer
- Any kind of care package to show how much they mean to you
- Other yummy snacks to make them feel all warm and fuzzy
- Something crunchy (only if the surgery didn't involve dental work, jaw reconstruction, etc.)
- Magazine subscription or streaming service membership
- Healing essential oils or incense (also consider giving a diffuser as a set with essential oils)
- A book or magazine
- Warm, cozy socks or slippers
- A soft blanket
- Homemade soup
- An engraved spoon or other collectible
- Bedside bell (this may or may not be a big hit with their caregiver)
- Heating pack and/or ice pack
- Scented candles
- Lip balm
- Cook a few meals for their family
- A jar of fresh honey, their favorite jam, etc.
- Their favorite kind of tea or collection of various tea types
- Anything from The Awkward Store!
Shop The Awkward Store for “Get Well Soon” Gifts
When you want to give a surgery patient a gift that will put a smile on their faces, where do you shop? The Awkward Store has got everything you need for someone who loves comedy and anything related to comics. In addition to games, apparel, print art, drinkware, and more, we carry merchandise having to do with Fowl Language Comics and Sarah's Scribbles.Our comics cover categories that most people might never think of as humorous, such as the stages of grief, coffee time, over-analyzing a situation, argument styles, and more. When we laugh, we momentarily forget any uncomfortable situation we are in and that’s exactly what you want to give your loved one! For a recommendation or if you have questions or issues regarding your purchase, you can contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.